Snappy's Point of View

These are my rants, raves and opinions. Some research, some reason and some rationality.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

a sad, sad day

Well, the last of my grandparents died last night. My grandmother, on my father’s side, had a stroke yesterday evening, and did not recover from it. She had been suffering from emphysema, lung cancer and Alzheimer’s. I am sad and heartbroken, but more for my father than for myself.

He has been through some tough things in his life, and is a hardened man because of it. He had a less than desirable childhood, worked hard in the steel mills and even survived a deadly tumor in his brain. I won't go into all of it, but he is my hero, and I only wish I could be half as great as he is. He lost his father about two years ago and that saddened him greatly.

I just hope a brighter day comes for him soon.

May my grandmother now be at peace.

:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home